Kara Zor-El is the daughter of Zor-El and his wife Alura In-Ze. Kara is actually older than Kal-El (Superman); she was a teenager when he was a baby. When Krypton exploded, she was sent in a rocket (in suspended animation) to find and look after Superman. However, her rocket was caught in a large chunk of the planet and she arrived on Earth (Prime) years after her cousin did on Earth. Her ship would crash on the outskirts of Dodge City Kansas, where she was found by Jonathon, and Martha Kent. They raised her as Kara Kent, and would later move to New York City with Lana Lang, and Peter Ross. She sort out a job in Journalism, while also doing her bit to fight crime as Supergirl. It wasn't long before she was becoming noticed by the media, and caught the attention of Lex Luther. He would stage an incident to draw her out, just to see what she can do. From that moment on they have been enemies.
When Kara Kent was assigned the position as Global Reporter, Lex focused his attentions on her to start a passionate relationship. He went as far as purcghasing the Daily Planet, and restricting her movements by making her Editor, and Chief. She responded by breaking off their engagement, and working on the rival paper the New York Journal. Trying to repair his relationship with her, also bought time for Superwoman to break up several of Lex's criminal projects. In the end, Lex would sell the Daily Planet, and Kara returned to work there as well. Their relationship would suffer, but the remain somewhat close friends, although Lex always springs a surprise on her regularly.
Kara was captured by aliens sent from Paseth by Mudala where she was cloned, and stranded on the planet with Wonder Woman, and Jade. It was later revealed that Lex Luthor was behind her capture. He would use mind control to have her kill her friend Diana, knowing the pain alone would make her submissive.
Powers and Abilities
- Crystal Generation: Compelled by her father to combat the Phantoms that escaped to Krypton through the Phantom Zone projector, Superwoman can unwillingly protrude sharp sunstone crystals from various parts of her body unwillingly as a defensive mechanism. They appear only under red sunlight. They allow her to maintain super-powers under the red sun. The crystals can easily rip through a human. Sunstone crystals can clean a body of possession by phantoms and are capable of healing her.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Superwoman's cellular structure is more dense, resilient and biologically more effective than human tissue. She does possess several organs whose functions are not yet disclosed or understood but are believed to be part of and perhaps even the source of his biomatrix force field and reclamation aura. Superwomen has manifested a wide range of metahuman abilities and is considered to be one of the most powerful metahumans alive. Superwoman's body also stores energy actively within her bio-cellular matrix as an energy pattern that is linked to her body's electromagnetic field. This energy powers most of Superwoman's electromagnetic capabilities such as flight and heat vision. It also supplements her physical strength.
- Solar Energy Absorption: The cellular structure of a Kryptonian is similar to that of all humans. However, a certain chemical makeup in the ribosomes is capable of absorbing solar energy and storing it. Once the ribosomes achieve saturation levels of this radiation, they begin to re-radiate the energy in the form of a bio electric force field. Each individual cell within the field's radius becomes reinforced in such a way that the cells are not only protected from external harm, but internal forces as well. Since the individual cells are wholly invulnerable, they are capable of operating at levels of efficiency that would destroy normal humanoid cells. These "super-cells" lend an enhancing effect to all bodily systems...muscular, metabolic, nervous, and so forth. The continual absorption of solar energy provides a constant power source for these enhanced systems. Thus, a Kryptonian is capable of incredible feats.
- Superhuman Strength: Her physical strength is greatly magnified by the combination of her more-efficient muscular system and the enhancement of her skeletal system's structural integrity, but is primarily augmented by the sheer force of her solar force field. It is generally accepted that Kara is easily strong enough to lift 100 tons with minimal effort. The conjectured upper limit of her physical strength is unknown. But continual exertion will deplete her solar energy, and greatly exceeding her normal lift will drain her more rapidly.
- Invulnerability: Naturally, the basic force field effect renders her invulnerable to large amounts of damage. She can withstand a 1-megaton nuclear explosion without ill effect, and has been able to tolerate the molten conditions in the Earth's core with only discomfort. A 40 Megaton nuclear explosion knocked her unconscious for over an hour. She could not, however, survive the conditions inside a star, but can safely approach to within several miles of Earth's sun, probably due to a feedback loop of solar energy powering her bioelectric field.
- Super Immunity: Due to the highly charged nature of her solar storage systems, her immune system deals with most normal poisons and diseases quickly and with no ill effect. Radiation and similar harmful energies are similarly neutralized.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superwoman's body stores and processes solar energy at a rapid rate and for a variety of effects, which are explained in her other powers. Her storage capacity is sufficient to let her function at full capacity for up to 14 days depending on her physical condition and state of rest. While under a star of the right class (G-type dwarfs in the blue-white through yellow spectrum are ideal) and within a planetary atmosphere, she replenishes energy at a constant rate. If forced to expend large amounts of energy over a relatively short time, or to maintain constant exertion over longer periods of time, she tires and her power begins to diminish. Constant exertion will revert her to normal humanoid levels after 14 days without rest. The power recovers at the rate of normal rest, and a full recharge can be accomplished with two days of no more than moderate, normal-level exertion. A process of solar recharge is also known, but requires massive amounts of fusion energy of solar/light-based superpowers.
- Flight: Kara is able through an act of conscious will attain independent flight. The precise mechanism of her ability is unknown. It is suggested to be biological in nature as Kara-El can not achieve flight when poisoned with Kryptonite or maintain the effect while being so effected. What is known is that when Kara is super-charged with solar-energy, she can generate a powerful personal energy field that interrupts locale gravity, allowing her to fly.
- Superhuman Speed: Similarly, Superwoman's enhanced metabolic rate, muscular speed, and nervous system grant her incredible speed.
- Heat Vision: The ability to fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it with the conscious act of activating this power.
- Super Hearing:' The ability to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. Her range of hearing extends from the subsonic through to the point where signal modulation in broadcast communications can be sensed and demodulated into "sounds".
- Super Breath: can breathe in large amounts of air, an ability used when dealing with and disposing things like clouds of poison gas. Also able to create hurricane force winds by blowing. She is able to hold her breath for a maximum of 2 hours.
- Freeze Breath: The ability to chill her breath in order to freeze a target.
- Voice Throwing: She can modulate her voice to transmit on radio or microwave/radar frequencies, and can expel a minute amount of air in space at a warm enough temperature and speed to carry sub-vocalized sound directly to one or more targets.
- Super Vision: The enhanced structure of Superwoman's sensory organs combined with the increased capacity of her nervous system provides for the greatly enhanced senses.
Class 100+. Kara is easily strong enough to lift 100 tons with minimal effort.
- Kryptonite: The fatal flaw in Kryptonian cellular physiology is the unique radiation given off by kryptonite. In the most minute amounts, the radiation waveforms and high-energy particles emitted by kryptonite can react catastrophically with the very ribosomal chemical that grant a Kryptonian powers.
- Solar Energy: Superwoman requires solar energy to function at peak capacity, or her powers fade to greatly reduced levels, some disappearing entirely if her solar reserves are empty. Superwoman cannot absorb energy from the lower frequency orange O-class stars and cannot process the higher-frequency White K or blue F classes. Blue B and yellow G type stars are ideal. Superwoman can easily survive conditions in deep space, but she does need to breathe, eat, sleep, and excrete. Superwoman requires 2 hours of sleep a night to function at peak mental efficiency,
- Magic: Superwoman's biomatrix is her most powerful asset, but the strength of this field is also its greatest weakness. It's permeability to certain wavelengths makes Superwoman's vulnerable to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extradimensional signatures disrupt this force field. Superwoman's vulnerability to magic varies on the special effects of the magic. No magic seems to be able to directly destroy her unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source. She can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects on Superwoman and her magical enemies have often proven to be the most dangerous.
- Lead: X-ray vision cannot penetrate lead or lead-lined walls. It also cannot penetrate inertron, the most indestructible substance in the 30th century universe.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.